[protege-discussion] Source Control Mightmare

John Patrick nhoj.patrick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 06:50:23 PST 2007

Greetings,

I've searched the message archives but have been unable to find
similar problems. I've been using Protege for the last 6 months and
have slow started to have more and more issues with how Protege saves
owl files.

The project I'm on is maintained in a perforce repository and branched
as required, once a branch is finished or stable it is merged back
into the main branch. The issue comes when you try to merge owl files.
A merge is takes about 3 days, of which over 2.5 days is just sorting
out manually merging the owl files. Identifying changes which have
occurred in both branches and then implementing those changes.

Is there a way of getting Protege to group and sort
objects/properties/attributes when it saves and owl file. I don't mind
how its ordered or grouped I'd just like some conformity to how it
does it.

John Patrick