[protege-discussion] Source Control Mightmare

Jan Henke jan.henke at deri.org
Wed Jan 31 02:24:02 PST 2007

Hi Thomas,

there can be several different serializations of an ontology all of them
having the same semantics. Therefore it would be not correct to forbid any
of them. For this reason, versioning just on the basis of some serialization
doesn't work for ontologies. However there are approaches for solving this.
See for instance http://iswc2006.semanticweb.org/items/Noy2006fj.pdf

Best regards
Jan