[protege-discussion] Problem: save big owl file as project

Yi Sun yisunmu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 09:08:29 PST 2007

Hi,

We have taken the OWL Gene Ontology intensional ontology and translated it
into an OWL
extensional ontology using a simplified version of the WordNet intensional
ontology, i.e., we
want to think of the GO ontology as a word/concept vocabulary as WordNet is
structured.

The OWL file loads into Protege fine and everything seemed to work fine (all
classes,
instances and properties) but when we clicked "save project", it ran for
sometime and then
returned error messages. Since the messages were so long, we couldn't read
the error message, only
the exception stacks occupying the entire screen.

The OWL file that we are using is really big, around 10MB, could it be
possible Protégé has some
problem with big owl file?

Since every time we have to terminate the application, there won't be any
log message recorded, we still don't
know the exact error message. Is there a way to handle this problem and let
us see the error
messages?  Or do you know what might be causing  this problem?

Thank you very much for any help!

Sincerely,
Yi