[protege-discussion] Proxy and Authentication

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 31 14:24:55 PST 2007

Thanks for the great links.  This sounds like an interesting problem
and I know very little about this issue.

It would be nice if it could be handled by Java without changes to
Protege as described in (1).  But failing that I would tend to prefer
something that works as a plugin rather than a change to protege.
Perhaps a tab/project plugin that installs a socket factory (would
that work? can this be done at the socket level?) or a createproject
plugin that creates a project through a proxy.  The problem with the
latter approach is that it would be hard to capture all the different
ways in which a project can be loaded (frames project from url,
frames project imported from url, owl project from owl file, etc.).
One problem with the first idea is that socket factories can only be
installed once so there might eventually  be a conflict between
different plugins.  Maybe somebody in the community knows what to do
and can make a plugin?

I will put this in bugzilla as an enhancement to preserve your
information.

-Timothy