[protege-discussion] Frozen Instance editor window

Bo De Lange bodelange at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 00:38:40 PDT 2007

Hi Tania,

On 02/07/07, Tania Tudorache <tudorache at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi Bo,
>
> Thanks for the bug report. What version of Protege are you using?

Here's the config I'm using

cwd: C:\Program Files\Protege_3.3_beta\
cmd: "C:\Program Files\Protege_3.3_beta\jre\bin\java.exe" -Xms100000000
-Xmx300000000 -classpath "C:
\Program Files\Protege_3.3_beta\protege.jar;C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.3_beta\looks-2.1.3.jar;C:\Pro
gram Files\Protege_3.3_beta\unicode_panel.jar;C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.3_beta\driver.jar;C:\Progra
m Files\Protege_3.3_beta\driver0.jar;C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.3_beta\driver1.jar;C:\Program Files\
Protege_3.3_beta\driver2.jar;C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.3_beta\plugins\edu.stanford.smi.protegex.cha
nges\change-model.jar;C:\Program Files\Protege_3.3_beta\lax.jar;"
com.zerog.lax.LAX "C:/Program File
s/Protege_3.3_beta/Protege.lax" "C:/Documents and Settings/bo/Local
Settings/Temp/lax9.tmp"
CONFIG: Protege 3.3 Build 409, JVM 1.5.0_11-b03, memory=299M, Windows XP,
encoding=UTF-8, language=n
l, country=NL
CONFIG: Loaded plugin ceres
CONFIG: Loaded plugin dfki.protege.ontoviz
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl - OWL Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.rdf_backend - RDF Backend
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.changes - Changes tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.chatPlugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.collab - CollaborativeProtege
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.script - Script Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions - Graph
Widget, Table Widget
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.stringsearch - String Search
Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.datamaster - DataMaster Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.pal_tabs - PAL Tabs
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.ezpal - EZPal Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.facets_tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.instance_tree
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt - PROMPT Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.psm - PSM Librarian
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.umls_tab - UMLS Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.wordnet - WordNet Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.xml_tab - XML Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin org.algernon - Algernon
CONFIG: Loaded plugin se.liu.ida.JessTab - JessTab Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.iam.soton.akt.tgviztab - TGVizTab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.debugger
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.manchesterowlsyntaxeditor
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owldoc
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlindividualstab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlunittest
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlviz
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.protege.wizard - Basic Wizards
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.protege.wizard.owl - OWL
Wizards
CONFIG: Preloading frame values
CONFIG: Preloading frame values
WARNING: Missing map instance: FSD_2_0_0_0_ProjectKB_Instance_226805 --
PropertyMapUtil.getMap()
WARNING: null -- WidgetUtilities.isSuitableExport()
WARNING: null -- WidgetUtilities.isSuitableExport()
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin ca.uvic.cs.cogz.PromptUIPlugin - CogZ
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.foam.FoamPlugin - FOAM Plugin for Pr
ompt
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.mappingDomainPSM.MappingDomainPSM -
Store mappings using the Domain_PSM ontology
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.simpleMappingStorage.SimpleMappingSt
orage - Store mapping using a simple mapping ontology
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.synonyms.SynonymPlugin - Lexical mat
ching with synonyms
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.umls.UMLSPlugin - Using UMLS concept
 identifiers for matching
INFO: Prompt version 3.0
INFO: Prompt version date: August 8, 2006
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
INFO: UI display time = 74 sec

>From the stack trace it looks like the browser text of an instance was
> changed, and either the type of the instance became null (which should
> never happen) or the browser pattern of the instance type could not be
> found.
>
> Do you have some steps to reproduce this behavior? I am sure this bug is
> easy to be fixed, if we can reproduce it.

Like most of my mysterious bugs, this one has, of course, not happened since
I snet the report.
When it does, I'll make a detailed note and send it to you.

Bo

Thanks,