[protege-discussion] Ontoviz Plugin - location of generated dot file?

usenet at mnet-mail.de usenet at mnet-mail.de
Tue Jul 3 01:13:34 PDT 2007

Hi Tania,

Zitat von Tania Tudorache <tudorache at stanford.edu>:
> The OntoViz plugin does not work correctly in client-server mode. I have
> fixed it. The fix will be available in the next Protege release.

I have absolutley no problem using the OntoViz plugin in client server mode!
It does what it should do.

My problem is, that the intermediate .dot, .dot-input and also the .gif
file is saved in the root of my hard disk on Windows. Right now I run
Protege from D: drive. Files show up directly in D:\.
I want to change installation to C: drive and C:\ is not writable by users
in our company.

> In the multi-user client, the user will be asked where he wants to save
> the OntoViz files (.dot, .dot-input and .gif). A Protege client cannot
> (or actually, it should not) write to the file system of the server.

It should NEVER! If you allow users to give a path name and the file is
saved on the Server, Protege Client could overwrite files on the server
owned by the user running the protege server.

Regards,
Jens.