[protege-discussion] Protege 3.3b411 - small problem with collabProtege and Workaround

usenet at mnet-mail.de usenet at mnet-mail.de
Tue Jul 3 01:33:04 PDT 2007

Tania,

Zitat von Tania Tudorache <tudorache at stanford.edu>:
> In the current version, the collaborative part works only if the "Track
> changes" option is enabled (in Project -> Configure -> Options) or if
> ChangesTab is active.

maybe you give a short note on the collabProtege Wiki, because there it says
that you deactivate
ChangeTab aftewards. But now it's documented in the mailing list anyway.

> Enabling and disabling the collaborative panel and the change tracking
> in a more user-friendly way is one of the top priorities for me now.
>
> Cheers,
> Tania

Regarding your planned extensions to collabProtege, it sounds very promising.
A strategy for the growing annotation/change ontology is definetly needed.
As long as it's a RDFS File, we could just backup the annotation/change
ontology and replace it by a fresh empty one until another better solution
is found.

Again I must say it's absolutly amazing how you people at stanford develop
and support this software! I have worked with many commercial software
products as a consultant during more than a decade and none of these had
the quality, agility and response to user questions.

If there are any news to collabProtege, I'll be happy to test them in my
environment, but there's no hurry.

Ciao,
Jens.