[protege-discussion] Frozen Instance editor window

Bo De Lange bodelange at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:38:32 PDT 2007

Hi there,

it just happened again, with a colleague. She was working in the Instances
tab and had just deleted an instance. The instance disappeared from the
middele window frame (Instance Browser), but not from the right window frame
(Instance editor). The Instance editor frame was frozen, i.e. she could
click through classes and instances, but the frame was not updated.

Here's what I grabbed from the Protege.exe terminal window:

cwd: C:\Program Files\Protege_3.3_beta\
cmd: "C:\Program Files\Protege_3.3_beta\jre\bin\java.exe" -Xms100000000
-Xmx3000
00000 -classpath "C:\Program Files\Protege_3.3_beta\protege.jar;C:\Program
Files
\Protege_3.3_beta\looks-2.1.3.jar;C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.3_beta\unicode_pane
l.jar;C:\Program Files\Protege_3.3_beta\driver.jar;C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.3_
beta\driver0.jar;C:\Program Files\Protege_3.3_beta\driver1.jar;C:\Program
Files\
Protege_3.3_beta\driver2.jar;C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.3_beta\plugins\edu.stanf
ord.smi.protegex.changes\change-model.jar;C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.3_beta\lax.
jar;" com.zerog.lax.LAX "C:/Program Files/Protege_3.3_beta/Protege.lax"
"C:/Docu
ments and Settings/Lyna/Local Settings/Temp/laxB.tmp"
CONFIG: Protege 3.3 Build 409, JVM 1.5.0_11-b03, memory=299M, Windows XP,
encodi
ng=UTF-8, language=nl, country=NL
CONFIG: Loaded plugin ceres
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.script - Script Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions - Graph
Widg
et, Table Widget
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.stringsearch - String Search
Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.chatPlugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.datamaster - DataMaster Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.pal_tabs - PAL Tabs
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.ezpal - EZPal Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.facets_tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.instance_tree
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.rdf_backend - RDF Backend
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt - PROMPT Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.psm - PSM Librarian
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.umls_tab - UMLS Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.wordnet - WordNet Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.xml_tab - XML Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.iam.soton.akt.tgviztab - TGVizTab
CONFIG: Preloading frame values
CONFIG: Preloading frame values
WARNING: Missing map instance: FSD_2_0_0_0_ProjectKB_Instance_227038 --
Property
MapUtil.getMap()
WARNING: null -- WidgetUtilities.isSuitableExport()
WARNING: null -- WidgetUtilities.isSuitableExport()
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin ca.uvic.cs.cogz.PromptUIPlugin - CogZ
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.foam.FoamPlugin
- FOAM Plugin for Prompt
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.mappingDomainPSM
.MappingDomainPSM - Store mappings using the Domain_PSM ontology
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.simpleMappingSto
rage.SimpleMappingStorage - Store mapping using a simple mapping ontology
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.synonyms.Synonym
Plugin - Lexical matching with synonyms
CONFIG: PROMPT: Loaded plugin
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.promptx.umls.UMLSPlugin
- Using UMLS concept identifiers for matching
INFO: Prompt version 3.0
INFO: Prompt version date: August 8, 2006
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
INFO: UI display time = 81 sec
WARNING: Exception caught during event dispatch - see the log for details -
java
.lang.NullPointerException -- EventDispatchFrameStore.dispatchEvents()
[...]

Bo

On 02/07/07, Tania Tudorache <tudorache at stanford.edu> wrote:

> [...]
> > Source)
> >  at
> >
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.FrameStoreAdapter.commitTransaction
> (Unknown
> > Source)
> >  at
> >
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.DeleteSimplificationFrameStore.deleteSimpleInstance
> (Unknown
> > Source)
> >  at
> > edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.deleteSimpleInstance
> (Unknown
> > Source)
> >  at
> > edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.deleteFrame(Unknown
> > Source)
> >  at
> > edu.stanford.smi.protege.action.DeleteInstancesAction.deleteInstance
> (Unknown
> > Source)
> >  at
> > edu.stanford.smi.protege.action.DeleteInstancesAction.onDelete(Unknown
> > Source)
> >  at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.DeleteAction.onDelete(Unknown Source)
> >  at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.DeleteAction.onDelete(Unknown Source)
> >  at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.DeleteAction.actionPerformed(Unknown
> > Source)
> >  at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
> >  at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
> >  at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
> >  at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
> >  at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
> > Source)
> >  at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
> Source)
> >  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
> >  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

RPJ de Lange, PhD
Emotional Brain BV
Louis Armstrongweg 78
1311 RL  Almere