[protege-discussion] Ontoviz Plugin - location of generated dot file?

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 3 10:04:40 PDT 2007

Hi Jens,

usenet at mnet-mail.de wrote:
> Hi Tania,
>
> Zitat von Tania Tudorache <tudorache at stanford.edu>:
>
>> The OntoViz plugin does not work correctly in client-server mode. I have
>> fixed it. The fix will be available in the next Protege release.
>>

> I have absolutley no problem using the OntoViz plugin in client server mode!
> It does what it should do.
>
> My problem is, that the intermediate .dot, .dot-input and also the .gif
> file is saved in the root of my hard disk on Windows. Right now I run
> Protege from D: drive. Files show up directly in D:\.
> I want to change installation to C: drive and C:\ is not writable by users
> in our company.

Right. You will be able to do this in the next release. Many of the
plugins have not been developed to work with the multi-user mode, in
which some things in the plugin implementation have to be treated
differently for the client and server side. We plan to document this on
the wiki in the near future. One of the examples is that plugins call
methods like project.getProjectDirectoryFile() or
getProjectDirectoryURI() that return null in the case of a client-server
project.

Cheers,
Tania