[protege-discussion] preloading of Instances in Protege 3.3 (411) ?

Jens usenet at mnet-mail.de
Tue Jul 3 11:17:18 PDT 2007

Hi Tania,

Zitat von Tania Tudorache <tudorache at stanford.edu>:
> Did you take a look at the wiki page describing the server and client
> configuration? It also describes the preloading option:
>
> http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MultiUserTutorial#nid9CE

Yes, I've been reading it and I understand I need to pass a system property.
This morning I did not know how to do this in Protege.lax

I tried now:

lax.nl.java.option.additional=-Dserver.client.preload0=Person
#lax.nl.java.option.additional=-Dserver.client.preload.skip=true

which does not preload class Person

If I use server.client.preload.skip=true it the "Preloading frame values"
messages disappear. So it seems this Protege.lax setting works, but
Protege 3.3 does not preload in client-server mode on the client?

> You are not supposed to see anything different in the UI if preloading
> is activated.

Certainly. I was expecting to see a quicker load when clicking on a class
with a reasonable amount of instances. I would expect load time of preloaded
classes is the same like when you click on a class for the second time.

I was expecting to see a significant faster loading. It was the same, so I
assumed my efforts to switch preloading on did not succeed.

Regards,
Jens.