[protege-discussion] Loading OWL from Java Standalone Application

Brendan Barth barthba at muohio.edu
Thu Jul 5 09:44:36 PDT 2007

Hello again list,

I have changed the tab-widget I have mentioned in previous mail to the list
into a standalone application.
The only issue I am getting now is a null pointer exception when using the
"getKnowledgeBase()" method (
edu.stanford.smi.protege.widget.AbstractWidget.getKnowledgeBase).
So I believe the next step is loading an OWL file into the knowledge base
for and from this standard application.
I plan on simply having the application prompt the user to select the owl
file as soon as it is launched.
I just need to figure out how to load the owl information into the knowledge
base so it doesn't give me this error and so I can access the information
within the knowledge base.
Any tips?

Thanks,
Brendan