[protege-discussion] find domain ontologies with OntoSelect -- Re: HELP! I'm looking for a car ontology.

Paul Buitelaar paulb at dfki.de
Wed Jul 11 08:37:12 PDT 2007

이승희 <sheel <at> pusan.ac.kr> writes:

> <>> Hello.
> <>
> I am currently looking for a Car Parts(vehicle parts) Ontology.
>
> Does anyone know if there already exists one to extend? (Freely or
> commercial)

> <>Or if there is a similar ontology for car parts that I can use as a
> reference?

You will be able to find ontologies on many domains in the OntoSelect
ontology library (http://olp.dfki.de/ontoselect/). Related to your query
on 'car' I found for instance the following one:

http://creek.idi.ntnu.no/owl/example/car-model.owl

OntoSelect provides several options for ontology search. Ontologies can
be searched by ontology title or by topic. In the case of topic search
you can either specify a URL for a web document that represents the
topic of the ontology that you are searching for or you can give the
topic itself which is then linked to a corresponding Wikipedia page that
will be used for your search.

Please note: In ontology title search only the keyword(s) that you give
will be used for your search. In topic search a
linguistically/statistically derived set of most relevant keywords will
be extracted automatically and used for your search. In both cases you
can restrict your search to the ontology format (DAML, OWL, RDFS) and/or
language of the class/property labels that you prefer.

- Class, Property, (Multilingual) Label Search

You can also search for individual classes, properties or class/property
labels. In label search you can additionally specify the language of the
label that you prefer. In property search you can also define the type
of the property.

- Ontology Publishing

Publish your ontology on OntoSelect by using the submit option.
Submitted ontologies will be analysed and extracted information will be
integrated in the next regular update of the OntoSelect database.

- Statistics

We keep track of a number of statistics: most active web domains,
languages used, formats used, etc.

OntoSelect is brought to you by the Competence Center Semantic Web at
DFKI, the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence.

--
Dr. Paul Buitelaar -- DFKI GmbH, Saarbrücken, Germany
Senior Researcher at the Language Technology Lab and
email: paulb at dfki.de
skype: ppbuitelaar
phone: +49 681 302-5325
fax:   +49 681 302-5338