[protege-discussion] Open Source Reasoner?

Gary Kopp geez4 at runbox.com
Tue Jul 17 17:56:43 PDT 2007

A lot of the potential power of Protégé-OWL is realized when it's married to
a DIG reasoner. Protégé is open source (which I greatly appreciate), but the
recommended reasoner is Racer. I seem to remember Racer once being open, but
in its latest incarnation as RacerPro it is commercial. So, to realize the
potential of an open source product I have to buy a commercial product. That
rubs me the wrong way :-) Are there any open source reasoners that might
work with Protégé-OWL?

--Gary Kopp