[protege-discussion] Plugin loading problem

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Wed Jul 18 10:06:00 PDT 2007

On Jul 18, 2007, at 6:41 AM, Elena Pomohaci wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I've developed my first plug-in for Protege. It's a tab widget
> plugin. I've created the jar archive as advised in the Protege
> documentation and I placed it into the Protege plugins folder. But
> when I open Protege, in the protege console I get this warning:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/hp/hpl/jena/rdf/model/Resource
>      at src.OntoDiagTab.<init><OntoDiagTab.java:41>
>      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0
> (Native Method)
>      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
> (Unknown Source)
>
> Now, I checked the line 41 from the OntoDiagTab.java, and on that
> line I created an instance of another class from the archive. I
> looked for that class and it exists in the archive, so I cannot
> explain why it cannot find it. Also, my tab is visible into
> Protege, but when I select it, it is empty.
>
> Please, can anyone help me to solve this problem?

It looks like you are missing a dependency in the plugin.properties
file.

You will need tags like:

   plugin.dependency.count=1
   plugin.dependency.0=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl

since the jena code is included in the owl plugin, and if you need
that, you have to declare the dependence of your plugin on that one.