[protege-discussion] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException while loading a plugin into Protege

Jan Zemánek jan.zemanek at deri.org
Fri Jul 20 08:20:47 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to load a (Semantic Versioning Manager) plug-in into Protege
but I'm not successful. I keep getting this:

*CONFIG: Loaded plugin sw.semversion.manager - Semantic Versioning Manager
WARNING: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
sw.semversion.manager.main.VersionMan
agerTab -- PluginUtilities.isLoadableClass()*

Protege cannot find the VersionManagerTab.class and I cannot find out why.
(Note: I don't run the plug-in straight from the IDE, but ordinary by
launching Protege.exe.)

Here is what I do:
As I need to work on the plugin, it is present in the
<PROTEGE-HOME>/plugins/sw.semversion.manager/ directory as a bunch of
Java .classes along with the plugin.properties file which looks like this:

*plugin.component.count=1
plugin.component.name.0=Semantic Versioning Manager
plugin.component.about.0=doc/svm_about.html
plugin.component.doc.0=doc/svm_docs.html
plugin.dependency.count=1
plugin.dependency.0=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.rdf_backend*

(The RDFBackend is present in the plugin directory too.)

Further manifest.mf file looks like this:

*Manifest-Version: 1.0

Name: sw/semversion/manager/main/VersionManagerTab.class
Tab-Widget: True
*

The structure of the directory with the plug-in looks like this:

<PROTEGE-HOME>
   plugins
     sw.semversion.manager
       bin
         sw
           semversion
             manager
               main
                 VersionManagerTab.class
       doc
       lib
       meta-inf
         manifest.mf
       src
       plugin.properties

And finally here is what exactly I get while starting Protege:

*cwd: C:\dev\protege\
cmd: "C:\dev\jdk\bin\java.exe" -Xms10000000 -Xmx100000000 -classpath
"C:\dev\pro
tege\protege.jar;C:\dev\protege\looks-2.1.3.jar;C:\dev\protege\unicode_panel.jar
;C:\dev\protege\driver.jar;C:\dev\protege\driver0.jar;C:\dev\protege\driver1.jar
;C:\dev\protege\driver2.jar;C:\dev\protege\plugins\edu.stanford.smi.protegex.cha
nges\change-model.jar;C:\dev\protege\lax.jar;C:\dev\protege\xercesImpl.jar;"

com
.zerog.lax.LAX "C:/dev/protege/Protege.lax" "C:/Documents and
Settings/Jan/Local
  Settings/Temp/laxA56.tmp"
CONFIG: Protege 3.3 Build 418, JVM 1.5.0_12-b04, memory=99M, Windows XP,
encodin
g=UTF-8, language=cs, country=CZ
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl - OWL Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin ca.uvic.cs.chisel.jambalaya - Jambalaya
CONFIG: Loaded plugin dfki.protege.ontoviz
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.rdf_backend - RDF Backend
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.changes - Changes tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.chatPlugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.collab - CollaborativeProtege
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.script - Script Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions -
Graph Widg
et, Table Widget
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.stringsearch - String
Search Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.datamaster - DataMaster Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.pal_tabs - PAL Tabs
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.ezpal - EZPal Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.facets_tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.instance_tree
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt - PROMPT Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.umls_tab - UMLS Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.wordnet - WordNet Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.xml_tab - XML Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin org.algernon - Algernon
CONFIG: Loaded plugin org.ari100.protege.tab - Ari100 MyTab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin se.liu.ida.JessTab - JessTab Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin sw.semversion.manager - Semantic Versioning Manager
WARNING: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
sw.semversion.manager.main.VersionMan
agerTab -- PluginUtilities.isLoadableClass()
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.iam.soton.akt.tgviztab - TGVizTab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.debugger
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.manchesterowlsyntaxeditor
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owldoc
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlindividualstab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlviz
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.protege.wizard - Basic Wizards
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.protege.wizard.owl - OWL
Wizards*

I've successfully developed another tab plug-in for Protege doing the
same as mentioned above recently.

Can anyone give me some clues how to overcome this issue?

Thanks,
Jan

--
Jan Zemánek