[protege-discussion] collabProtege

Victor Manuel vmgcastellanos at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 02:08:58 PDT 2007

>From where can I download collaborative  Protege?

usenet at mnet-mail.de wrote: Hi Tania,
I just want to report some strange side effects using collaborative Protege.

I use a Java program to update our ontology via a remote connection to the
protege server (client server mode). All these updates are tracked as changes as
well as changes via Protege GUI.

To get changes in annotation db saved, at the moment we need to use a save
interval parameter. Using a database based annotation db is not supported at the
moment, as  you said before.

Very often now, I get a lockup when saving of annotation db files occur while
programmatically changing the ontology. Most cases, the annotation rdf file is
left empty with zero size and the annotation db is not usable, has to be
restored from a backup.

Could you have a look at this whenever you have time (after you trip to
europe...)? Better would be a database backend for the annotation db, but I
suppose there are some technical limitations that prevented you from going this
way in the first place.

Regards,
Jens.