[protege-discussion] Problems to Develop a Protege Plug in with Eclipse

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu Jul 26 10:04:59 PDT 2007

On Jul 26, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Isaac Lera wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I try to develop a protege plug in (tab widget) with eclipse tool
> but I don't see my tab plug in on protege (project->configure)
> window tab widgets.
> I follow the web tutorial: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/
> plugins/tab_widget.html and
> I configure my eclipse with: an output folder as external link to
> protege plug in directory and VM directive
> -Dprotege.dir=/home/xx/Protege_3.3_beta/
> The manifest file is copied too....
>
> I don't know like solving it. Do anyone have an small eclipse
> project with correct configuration or a little tutorial...?

Perhaps you could show us what the Manifest file and
plugin.properties files look like?
One of the important points is that blank lines in the manifest file
are important, especially having a blank line as the final line in
the file.

The other thing is to look at the console output when Protege
launches and see if there are any messages that give you a hint.