[protege-discussion] Problems to Develop a Protege Plug in with Eclipse

Isaac Lera isaac.lera at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 01:16:08 PDT 2007

Thomas Russ escribió:

On Jul 26, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Isaac Lera wrote:

Hi everybody,

I try to develop a protege plug in (tab widget) with eclipse tool
but I don't see my tab plug in on protege (project->configure)
window tab widgets.
I follow the web tutorial: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/
plugins/tab_widget.html and
I configure my eclipse with: an output folder as external link to
protege plug in directory and VM directive
-Dprotege.dir=/home/xx/Protege_3.3_beta/
The manifest file is copied too....

I don't know like solving it. Do anyone have an small eclipse
project with correct configuration or a little tutorial...?

Perhaps you could show us what the Manifest file and
plugin.properties files look like?
One of the important points is that blank lines in the manifest file
are important, especially having a blank line as the final line in
the file.

The other thing is to look at the console output when Protege
launches and see if there are any messages that give you a hint.

 I have added  the "blank extra line" in the manifest file but the plugin
still don't run it.
I don't have the plugin.properties files. In the tutorial not is mentioned.
Is it necessary?

and more information:

* My manifest file in protege dir is:
Protege_3.3_beta/plugins/
 +   tabwidget/ (my tab)
        AlignTab.class
        AlignTab$1.class
 +  meta-inf/
       manifest.mf
       manifest.tabwidget

* Manifest file (have a blank line):>
Manifest-Version: 1.0

Name: tabwidget/AlignTab.class
Tab-Widget: True

* This is the console output of Protege :>
CONFIG: Protege 3.3 Build 414, JVM 1.6.0-b105, memory=66M, Linux,
encoding=UTF-8, language=es, country=ES
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions - Graph
Widget, Table Widget
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.datamaster - DataMaster Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.script - Script Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlunittest
CONFIG: Loaded plugin tabwidget
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.manchesterowlsyntaxeditor
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlindividualstab

Thanks to you!