[protege-discussion] Restricting access to slots and classes based on user roles

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 5 10:47:29 PST 2007

Ron,

Schultz, Ron wrote:
> I am reviewing nci_june15 and I am wondering what portions of this have been integrated into Protégé 3.3.
Almost none of this branch has been integrated into Protege 3.3 beta.
We plan to do this soon though - probably just after the completion of
the Protege Short Course at the end of this month.
> Is it worthwhile (from a time and effort viewpoint) for me to pull the AccessRightsManager into Protégé 3.2 for my sample application, or should I SVN checkout Protégé 3.3 and then pull this into 3.3? Is the AccessRightsManager already in 3.3?
If you can wait a few weeks, nci_june15 will be integrated into the
Protege 3.3 beta series.  When Tania mentioned AccessRightManager below,
she was referring to the body of code in the
edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.metaproject package in the nci_june15
branch.  The metaproject.pprj file is where you can define your set of
operations.  To check at the code level whether or not an operation is
permitted, you can call RemoteClientFrameStore.isOperationAllowed(kb,
new OperationImpl("MyOperation")) (this code is from
edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.metaproject.ServerPolicy_Test.java).
> As a side note, is there a tracking mechanism where I can review the features and there status in various builds of Protégé? I have reviewed the Protégé Bugzilla database, but this information does not appear obviously present to me.

If you have questions about specific features, you can post them on this
list.  Otherwise, we have the following:

1).  Release notes for each beta build are posted here:

http://protege.stanford.edu/download/release_notes/release_notes_beta.html

2).  Plans for new features in Protege 4.0:

http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease-alpha/prototype.html

Jennifer