[protege-discussion] Proxy and Authentication

Alexandre Passant alex at passant.org
Tue Mar 6 02:10:26 PST 2007

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer,

On 2/20/07, Fabrizio <fabrizio.antonelli at telecomitalia.it> wrote:
> That's the solution:
>
> If you are using a proxy to access the Internet then add the following as one
> single (!) line to the file Protege.lax in the Protégé installation directory
> and replace YOUR_PROXY_''X'' with the respective data for your place. If your
> proxy is not password protected leave the two last options out.
>
> lax.nl.java.option.additional=-Dhttp.proxySet=true
> -Dhttp.proxyHost=YOUR_PROXY_HOST -Dhttp.proxyPort=YOUR_PROXY_PORT
> -Dhttp.proxyUser=YOUR_PROXY_USER -Dhttp.proxyPassword=YOUR_PROXY_PASSWORD

That's what I tried, but still got a 407 error (proxy authentication failed).
Did it work fine for you ?

The only way I found until now to make Java use proxy auth is what I
mentionned before [1] but need implies to recompile the app :/

Best,

Alex.

[1] http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip42.html