[protege-discussion] Any known side effects when changing frame identifier in protege frames?

Jens Selbach Jens.Selbach at loyaltypartner.com
Wed Mar 7 23:53:32 PST 2007

Hi Protege friends,

going deeper into protege (just started my first java extensions) I have
one important question.

My solution will rely on changing the internal instance id (the one you
get from the :NAME
slot) programmatically. I created my own "PrimaryKeyStringWidget" which
does some checking and,
when changed, updates instance id with a generated unique identifier.

Everything works well, I'm still using file based project. Soon I will
shift to database backend
and my question is, are there any expected side effects when I change
the internal instance id
(:NAME slot)? For the file based project with everything in memory after
a change to a pointer in memory. What happens with database backend?
Does a change of internal
instance id result in updates of all relations, or is it just in one
place?

Is it a save thing to change instance id or is this already something
not 100% supported?

Regards,
Jens.