[protege-discussion] DISPLAY_SLOT problem

William Bug William.Bug at DrexelMed.edu
Thu Mar 8 01:22:39 PST 2007

Dear Protege Support folks,

We have been having difficulty using the rdfs:label field as a
DISPLAY_SLOT, when the language attribute is set to "en".  For
classes where language is left blank, that field value is used as the
display name.

Is this the expected behavior, when setting the DISPLAY_SLOT to a
field other than the class :NAME?  I don't know whether this matters,
but this for an imported ontology, but I see the same behavior for
classes that exist within the OWL file itself.

If you would likely to examine this directly both of these ontologies
are available online:
	main ontology file: 	http://www.nbirn.net/birnlex/1.2/BIRNLex-
Investigation.owl
	imported file:			http://obi.sourceforge.net/ontology/OBI.owl

I've attached two screen shots below demonstrating what I mean.
These are illustrative examples, but this behavior is observed across
the entire ontology.

Many thanks for your help with this issue.

Cheers,
Bill

Bill Bug

www.neuroterrain.org
Department of Neurobiology & Anatomy
Drexel University College of Medicine
2900 Queen Lane
Philadelphia, PA    19129
215 991 8430 (ph)
610 457 0443 (mobile)
215 843 9367 (fax)

Please Note: I now have a new email - William.Bug at DrexelMed.edu