[protege-discussion] DISPLAY_SLOT problem

William Bug William.Bug at DrexelMed.edu
Fri Mar 9 07:43:02 PST 2007

Sorry to be posting this a second time, but I'm in the midst of a
meeting, where it would be really good to be able to display the
"preferred labels" for all the classes in our OWL files.

Am I getting something wrong here?  Can other folks pick a class
annotation property as the DISPLAY_SLOT and get it to display in the
class browser as the class name regardless of whether the LANG
attribute is set to 'en' for that property or not?

Many thanks ahead of time for any assistance others can provide in
solving this problem.

Cheers,
Bill

On Mar 8, 2007, at 1:22 AM, William Bug wrote:

> Dear Protege Support folks,
>
> We have been having difficulty using the rdfs:label field as a
> DISPLAY_SLOT, when the language attribute is set to "en".  For
> classes where language is left blank, that field value is used as
> the display name.
>
> Is this the expected behavior, when setting the DISPLAY_SLOT to a
> field other than the class :NAME?  I don't know whether this
> matters, but this for an imported ontology, but I see the same
> behavior for classes that exist within the OWL file itself.
>
> If you would likely to examine this directly both of these
> ontologies are available online:
> 	main ontology file: 	http://www.nbirn.net/birnlex/1.2/BIRNLex-
> Investigation.owl
> 	imported file:			http://obi.sourceforge.net/ontology/OBI.owl
>
> I've attached two screen shots below demonstrating what I mean.
> These are illustrative examples, but this behavior is observed
> across the entire ontology.
>
> Many thanks for your help with this issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Bill
>
> <Picture 15.png>
> <Picture 16.png>
>

> Bill Bug
> Senior Research Analyst/Ontological Engineer
>
> Laboratory for Bioimaging  & Anatomical Informatics
> www.neuroterrain.org
> Department of Neurobiology & Anatomy
> Drexel University College of Medicine
> 2900 Queen Lane
> Philadelphia, PA    19129
> 215 991 8430 (ph)
> 610 457 0443 (mobile)
> 215 843 9367 (fax)
>

> Please Note: I now have a new email - William.Bug at DrexelMed.edu
>

> <Picture 15.png>
> <Picture 16.png>
> faq.html#01a.03

Bill Bug