[protege-discussion] Any known side effects when changing frame identifier in protege frames?

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 9 11:01:05 PST 2007

You won't have any problems in Protege 3 if you change the name of a
slot. The frames are identified in memory and in database projects by a
FrameID and not by name. The name is just another slot on the frame.

The FrameID are not persistent in files mode, they are regenerated each
time you load an ontology. In database mode, the FrameID are persistent
and stored in the "frame" column of the database table, as Markus also
mentioned. So changing the name of a frame is safe.

Tania