[protege-discussion] question about 'using protege forms in other appications'

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 9 11:13:15 PST 2007

Yun,

You can use the following code to get an OWL classes tree panel and
select a class from it:

Collection rootClses =
Collections.singleton(owlModel.getOWLNamedClass("Pizza"));
SelectClassPanel panel = new SelectClassPanel(owlModel, rootClses,
false, true);

Collection clses = Collections.EMPTY_LIST;
int result = ProtegeUI.getModalDialogFactory().showDialog(null, panel,
"Test select classes", ModalDialogFactory.MODE_OK_CANCEL);
if (result == ModalDialogFactory.OPTION_OK) {
      clses = panel.getSelection();
}

System.out.println("selected = " + clses);

If you want to use only the OWL class tree component, you can create an
instance of ClassTree and add it to your own GUI:

The javadoc for ClassTree is here:
http://protege.stanford.edu/download/release-javadoc-owl/edu/stanford/smi/protegex/owl/ui/cls/ClassTree.html

Please ask in future OWL related questions only on the OWL mailing list.

Thanks,
Tania