[protege-discussion] Calculations in Protégé

Robert Dave twisterstormm at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 06:55:50 PDT 2007

Samson Tu <swt <at> stanford.edu> writes:

> Robert Dave wrote:
> Then, I found the PAL source code and I wrote a definition of the
> function sqrt.
> > Now, I have a file sqrt.java and I found the manifest file. However I don't
know how to get a file which could be used by Protégé.

> Compile the .java file, create .jar that contains the appropriate
> manifest file, add the jar file to the PAL plugin directory in
> {ProtegeInstallationDir}/plugins/
>
> Samson

I still have a problem the complile the file. I never did it and no website
explain this in a simple way. I have the sqrt.java file and the manifest
updated. If I well understood, manifest file must be put in META-INF folder. I
installed on my computer the JDK6, which seems to be required to compile. Then
when I try to use the windows console, the function 'java' is available. I read
about a function 'jar cf jarfile ...', but 'jar' is unavailable.
What is excactly the command to get a .jar from a .java and the manifest?

Thanks a lot.
Robert.