[protege-discussion] Changes captured into database

Markus Bohr markus.bohr at lido.net
Mon Mar 19 03:39:26 PDT 2007

> Hi Markus,
Tania Tudorache <tudorache <at> stanford.edu> writes:

> This is not supported yet. The Changes project is using the RDF Backend
> as you have probably figured out and currently the RDF Backend works in
> file mode, not in database mode.
>
> We will release next week a new version of the ChangesTab that will work
> in multi-user Protege. It won't be difficult to modify it so that it
> works with a Frames database changes project and this might be one of
> the first enhancements that we are going to do after we release it.
>
> The current version of the Changes Tab expects the Changes ontology to
> be in a rdf and rdfs file, so converting it into a database project
> won't work.
>
> Tania

Hi Tania,

Yes, that sounds very promising.
Are there already any ideas or plans for extending of the change management
ontology to additionally capture changes applied to slot values?!
I guess this would be the next step towords a full traceability of user changes
applied to the ontology..

Best wishes,
markus.