[protege-discussion] The languages which accede to the ontology

Teresa Podsiadly-Marczykowska teresa at ibib.waw.pl
Tue Mar 20 03:25:16 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Olivier Dameron" <olivier.dameron at univ-rennes1.fr>
To: <protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: [protege-discussion] The languages which accede to the ontology

Hello,

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:43:06 +0100 (CET), amel achour
<lemaruohca at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>   I want to know if JAVA is the only language which can accede to the
> ontology in Protege 2000 by way of the API "edu" of protege, or there
> are other languages. In this case which are these languages?

Protégé is written in java, so at some point, everything relies on the
java api.

You could probably try to use some binding with java (e.g. from c++). I
have never tried, though, so if you do, thank you for leting us know
how it went.

Additionally, the script plugin provide an interface from various
scripting languages such as python or beanshell.
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegeScriptTab
This plugin is supposed to be updated in a few weeks. It will
remain backward compatible

Cheers
Olivier