[protege-discussion] Collect disseminated Individuals

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 21 10:59:57 PDT 2007

Ulf,

In a frames ontology, you can use the methods from the Cls interface:

getInstances() - to get all the instances of a class and of all its
subclasses

and

getDirectInstances() - to get the instances of a cls (and not of its
subclasses)

The javadoc of the Cls interface is here:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/api/edu/stanford/smi/protege/model/Cls.html

For an OWL ontology, you can use the call:

 getInstances(boolean includingSubclasses)

from the RDFSClass interface.

If you have Protege OWL related questions, please post in future on the
Protege-OWL mailing list.

Thanks,
Tania