[protege-discussion] solved - AW: how to get file based project into database?

Jens Selbach Jens.Selbach at loyaltypartner.com
Tue Mar 27 11:49:46 PDT 2007

Hi Protegenians,
to ansper my silly question from yesterday myself:

> Hi,
>
> simple question, but I did not find an anser yet! I started
> off with a file based ontology and just set up a server with
> Oracle and create an empty database project. Everything works
> fine, but how do I get my file based project data into the
> database project?

It's much too easy, I'm already at the Java API level, so it
seems I don't find simple menu items.

To convert file based project to database based project it's
everyone knows what to do:
- configure JDBC access, connect to database
- open file based project
- Menu: "File" --> "Convert Project to Format..."
- Select "Protege Database"
- give connection parameters
- ... go!
- save pprj Project file to a different name.

The resulting .pprj file has all connection parameters and
all GUI settings from the Frames editor. Frames are not stored
within Database.

Regards,
Jens.