[protege-discussion] Algernon - addrule sequence

Robert Dave twisterstormm at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:32:15 PDT 2007

Micheal Hewett <mhewett <at> evincii.com> writes:

> Your rule will fire when the name of an instance of Box changes
> and (maybe) when an instance of Box is created.
> The first step is to verify that the rule actually fires.  You could
> do that by putting a :PRINTLN statement after the :NAME statement.
>
> Second, turn on tracing (:TRACE :VERBOSE) and you can
> watch the rule firing to see what is going wrong.  Remember that
> Algernon error messages are printed to the console, not to the
> Algernon Tab window.   You can also trace specific rules.
>
> Tracing usually prints enough information to tell what is going wrong.
> The next level of tracing (:TRACE :DETAIL) will give you a little
> more information.  Use (:TRACE :NORMAL) to return to normal
> output.
>
> Mike

Hi,

I found my problem. It s about sequences of rules for one class. I need to apply
different rules on one class, and apply them in a chronological order.
For example, rule1 then rule2 then rule3.
But, if I write :
(tell ((:add-rule Box
         rule1....
         rule2....
         rule3....
)))
the 3 rules seem to be apply in the same time.

I found a way when it works, when I apply rule2 on a class whose instance are
imported later, and rule3 on a more later imported class. But I would like to
find the way to put all rules apply to the correct class, with a sequence of
chronological order.

Ths for your help.
Robert.