[protege-discussion] protege 3.2.1 Mac OS X crashes during Java Code Gen

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Fri Mar 30 13:26:09 PDT 2007

On Mar 30, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Jeroen Lapre' wrote:

> Protege 3.2.1 Mac OS X crashes during Java Code Gen.
> Tested linux equivalent and it works fine on linux version.
>
> Any one else experiencing java code gen export crashes?

Do you know why it is crashing on the Mac?

If you open the Console application
(normally found in Applications:Utilities)
you should be able to see a trace of what
Protege writes to the output, which will include
information relating to errors encountered.

If the problem is running out of memory, you may need to
increase the maximum memory size for Protege.  I find that
I usually need to do this on my Mac, to accommodate some of
the ontologies I work on.