[protege-discussion] protege 3.2.1 Mac OS X crashes during Java Code Gen

Jeroen Lapre' jeroen-lapre at distant-galaxy.com
Fri Mar 30 23:20:21 PDT 2007

Ok,
I created a very simple test case:
An OWL ontology with classes Thing1 & Thing2 as disjoint subclasses of the
root Thing class.
When I try to export to Code->Generate EMF Java Interfaces, I get the
following errors in the Console.

Any ideas?
thanks
-jeroen

CONFIG: Protege 3.2.1 Build 365, JVM 1.5.0_02-56, memory=99M, Mac OS X,
encoding=UTF-8, language=en, country=US
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl - OWL Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin ca.uvic.cs.chisel.jambalaya - Jambalaya
CONFIG: Loaded plugin dfki.protege.ontoviz
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.script - Script Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions - Graph
Widget, Table Widget
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.stringsearch - String Search
Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.rdf_backend - RDF Backend
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.changes - Changes tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.pal_tabs - PAL Tabs
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.ezpal - EZPal Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.facets_tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.instance_tree
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt - PROMPT Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.psm - PSM Librarian
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.umls_tab - UMLS Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.wordnet - WordNet Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.xml_tab - XML Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.washington.datagenie
CONFIG: Loaded plugin org.algernon - Algernon
CONFIG: Loaded plugin se.liu.ida.JessTab - JessTab Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.iam.soton.akt.tgviztab - TGVizTab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.debugger
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.manchesterowlsyntaxeditor
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owldoc
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlindividualstab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlunittest
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlviz
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.protege.wizard - Basic Wizards
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.protege.wizard.owl - OWL
Wizards

Jambalaya version 2.5.0, Build: 3, 2006/11/06 14:02
CHISEL Group, University of Victoria, chisel-support at cs.uvic.ca

Protege Wizards v1.0 beta build 14
Loaded OWL wizards library
INFO: setting dialog type to : 1
... saving successful.
Protege(192,0x1c6e800) malloc: *** error for object 0x17d351d0: incorrect
checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed,
break at szone_error to debug
Protege(192,0x1c6e800) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
Protege(192,0x1c6e800) malloc: *** error for object 0x17d355f0: incorrect
checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed,
break at szone_error to debug
Protege(192,0x1c6e800) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
Protege(192,0x1c6e800) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x33002e; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of
an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools
to help debug
# [ timer expired, abort... ]

On 3/30/07, Jeroen Lapre' <jeroen-lapre at distant-galaxy.com> wrote:

> Thomas,
> thanks for your suggestions, I'll give that a try and will post the
> results.
> -jeroen
>
> On 3/30/07, Thomas Russ < tar at isi.edu> wrote:
> >

> > On Mar 30, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Jeroen Lapre' wrote:
> >
> > > Protege 3.2.1 Mac OS X crashes during Java Code Gen.
> > > Tested linux equivalent and it works fine on linux version.
> > >
> > > Any one else experiencing java code gen export crashes?
> >
> > Do you know why it is crashing on the Mac?
> >
> > If you open the Console application
> > (normally found in Applications:Utilities)
> > you should be able to see a trace of what
> > Protege writes to the output, which will include
> > information relating to errors encountered.
> >
> > If the problem is running out of memory, you may need to
> > increase the maximum memory size for Protege.  I find that
> > I usually need to do this on my Mac, to accommodate some of
> > the ontologies I work on.

> --
> -jeroen lapre
> www.distant-galaxy.com