[protege-discussion] A few questions

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 2 18:22:18 PDT 2007

Andrew,

Please post in future the OWL related questions on the Protege-OWL
mailing list.

The Protege-OWL API loads all the imports of an ontology, not all the
referenced entities. It might be the case that the an entity is
referenced but there is no explicit import statement for it.

In case you need a lazy load approach, you can use the OWL Database
backend, which loads the entities on demand from the database.
Currently, the OWL database backend does not support imports, but we
plan to add this sometimes in early 2008.

Cheers,
Tania