[protege-discussion] Can't get Protege server running

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 10 12:32:24 PDT 2007

Hi Mike,

The Server_Stub (and other stubs) are generated by the build.xml script
if you run the compile target.

Is "stanford.hewettresearch.com.16.0.10.in-addr.arpa" the real name of
the server machine? If not, you can correct this in the
run_protege_server.bat (or .sh)
by adding the jvm argument:

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=my.real.server.name

Below is a snippet from run_protege_server with the options I am using
to run the protege-sever on smi-protege server.

MAX_MEMORY=-Xmx500M
CODEBASE_URL=file:$PWD/protege.jar
CODEBASE=-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=$CODEBASE_URL
HOSTNAME_PARAM=-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=smi-protege.stanford.edu
TX="-Dtransaction.level=READ_COMMITTED"
HEADLESS=-Djava.awt.headless=true
OPTIONS="$MAX_MEMORY $CODEBASE $HOSTNAME_PARAM ${TX} ${HEADLESS}"

I hope this helps.

Tania