[protege-discussion] Updating slot widgets

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 12 12:06:58 PDT 2007

Daniel,

When you say that the buttons of the slot widget should be changed when
doing something in the main window, you mean the buttons of all slot
widgets attached to any class in the ontology, or only the buttons of
the slot widget of the current class?

I would do the logic for the update the other way round: the slot widget
can have a listener on the checkbox in the main window and change the
buttons when the checkbox is selected/deselected. At initialization of
the slot widget you can read the value of the checkbox and initialize
the buttons accordingly. In the dispose method of the slot widget, do
not forget to detach the listener to the checkbox, otherwise you may
cause a memory leak.

Tania