[protege-discussion] Antwort: Re: Updating slot widgets

daniel.goergen at biotronik.com daniel.goergen at biotronik.com
Mon Oct 15 07:15:57 PDT 2007

> When you say that the buttons of the slot widget should be changed when
> doing something in the main window, you mean the buttons of all slot
> widgets attached to any class in the ontology, or only the buttons of
> the slot widget of the current class?

Only the buttons of my slot widget of the currently viewed instances.
If you change the current class in the main window the buttons on the
widget get updated automatically anyway.

I tried your suggestion. With this method I can easily call
postFormChangeEvent(cls) only for the classes that use my slot widget:

I gave my slotwidget an ItemListener and added this Listener to the
checkbox in the main windows menu.
When this listener gets active I call postFormChangeEvent(getCls()).

The problem is that the ui doesnt get updated like when I am calling
postFormChangeEvent(cls)
on every single cls of the project. It still shows the old buttons in the
currently viewed instances.
If I call postFormChangeEvent(cls) on every single class the buttons get
updated immediately

the buttons in the forms view stay all the same with both methods

http://www.biotronik.com

BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co. KG
Woermannkehre 1, 12359 Berlin, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRA 6501

Vertreten durch ihre Komplementaerin:
BIOTRONIK Mess- und Therapiegeraete GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Berlin HRB 2918
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Max Schaldach, Christoph Boehmer, Dr. Werner Braun, Dr. Lothar Krings

This email and the information it contains including attachments are confidential and meant
only for use by the intended recipient(s); disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited. If you are
not addressed, but in the possession of this email, please notify the sender immediately.