[protege-discussion] saving ontology from protege to mysql

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 18 11:21:12 PDT 2007

Vibha,

You can store the ontology using the Protege database backend. If you
have an existing file project, you can convert it to a database project
by choosing the File menu -> Convert Project to format and choose
Protege database (if you have a frames project) or OWL/RDF database (if
you have an OWL project).

Before doing this, make sure that you have a database engine running
(e.g. MySQL) and that you copy the database driver into the Protege
installation directory and rename it to driver.jar. This is just a one
time step. The next time you will open the converted project, the
content of the ontology will come from the database.

Tania