[protege-discussion] Welcome to the "protege-discussion" mailing list

Biswanath Dutta dutta2005 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 08:31:30 PDT 2007

Dear Mr. Hadar Wayn,
                              The same kind of question was asked by another
person few days back. The answer was given by (as usual) Dr. Tania. So I
have just copied and pasted here the same message. It may help you.

[
You can store the ontology using the Protege database backend. If you
have an existing file project, you can convert it to a database project
by choosing the File menu -> Convert Project to format and choose
Protege database (if you have a frames project) or OWL/RDF database (if
you have an OWL project).

Before doing this, make sure that you have a database engine running
(e.g. MySQL) and that you copy the database driver into the Protege
installation directory and rename it to driver.jar. This is just a one
time step. The next time you will open the converted project, the
content of the ontology will come from the database.

Tania
]

Biswanath