[protege-discussion] Collaborative Protege

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 30 10:18:04 PDT 2007

Dear Mauricio,

There are two ways in which you can add new users to the Protege server.

1. In the user interface, after you click to open a server project and
click on "New user". For this to work, you have to configure the server
to allow the creation of new users: please edit the protege.properties
from the server side and add this line to it:

server.allow.create.users=true

After that you have to restart the Protege server and then try to create
a new user again. This should work.

2. The second solution is to open from the Protege installation
directory (on the server side) the project
/examples/server/metaproject.pprj and create a new instance of the User
class and assign it a name and a password. Then save the
metaproject.pprj. After you restart the Protege server, you should be
able to login with the new user account that you have created.

We do have a very good Protege server and client tutorial on the web:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MultiUserTutorial

and users guide of Collaborative Protege here:
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/collab-protege/

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tania