[protege-discussion] Welcome to the "protege-discussion" mailing list

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 31 21:49:37 PDT 2007

Hadar,

Installing MySQL is a first step.  You also need to download a JDBC
driver for MySQL, which you can do from the MySQL Web site:

http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/j/

Once you have downloaded the JDBC driver, you will find a JAR file with
a name something like "mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar".  This is the
JAR file that should be renamed to "driver.jar" and placed in the
Protege installation directory.  This process of saving your project in
a database is actually outlined in the Protege User's Guide here:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/projects/saving_a_database_project.html

The screenshots are outdated, but the text is helpful.  Protege will an
display error message if you try to save your project in a database, but
do not have everything configured properly.

Jennifer