[protege-discussion] Welcome to the "protege-discussion" mailing list

Biswanath Dutta dutta2005 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:27:35 PDT 2007

Dear Mr. Hardar,
                      Just follow the following steps:

(1) Download and Install MySQL
(2) Also download the jdbc connector and after untar/ unzip, you see inside
the folder/ directory, there is one file called
mysql-connector-java-x.x.x-bin.jar (x.x.x indicates the version). Just
rename it to "driver.jar" and copy this file to your protege installation
directory
(3) Create database user (this user is not your system user), say, protege
(4) Grant all privileges to this user
(5) Flush privileges
(6) Create database (say, protegeOWL)
(7)  Now go to protege "File" menu, then "Convert project to format...",
then choose "proteze database"
(8) you will see here a kind of form, where you have to provide information
(81) Project- this means which OWL project you want to convert
(82) JDBC Driver Class Name- "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" (this is a default
value, keep the same)
(83) JDBC URL- this one is important. If you have not changed the port
number during mysql installation and if you have created a database called
"protegeOWL", then it will be similar to this,

jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/protegeOWL

(84) Table- protegeTable
(85) Username- what database user you created, give same
(86) Password- provide password

That's all. You have done.

Hope this will help you.

With regards,