[protege-discussion] About the definition of :STANDARD-CLASS in protege

Yin Dengfeng ydf at vico-lab.com
Mon Sep 3 01:17:20 PDT 2007

Samson Tu <swt <at> stanford.edu> writes:

> Once upon a time, a long time ago, we tried to make Protege pont/pins
> file loadable in CLIPS, but we no longer support that.
>
> Is there a reason you can't use JESS, which has better integration with
> Protege?
>
> Someone developed a CLIPTab at one time
> (http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/CLIPSTabPages/CLIPS_tab.html), but
> I don't know whether it is compatible with the current Protege release.
>
> Samson

So I have another question.

Since the pont/pins file is not loadable to CLIPS, why are they designed to be
resemble to CLIPS file?

Is it because that many years before the pont/pins file were coincident with
CLIPS, while protege migrated to a different mode, the pont/pins file is still
kept for compatibility?

Thanks a lot.

Yin Dengfeng
2007/09/03