[protege-discussion] Using Pretege Server from an application?

Johann Petrak johann.petrak at chello.at
Tue Sep 4 05:45:38 PDT 2007

I am rather new to Protégé and I am interested in the principal ways
of how one can include or access Protégé from an application.

I have seen that there is a way to run Protégé in a server-client
mode where several users can access an ontology on a common server
via their GUI.

I would be interested to see if it is possible to access the server
from an application instead and how this is done.

Ideally, there would be some small API linked to my application that
lets me send instructions for adding, changing, querying etc.
entities and instances of an ontology in the server.

Can you help me get started reading up on this?

Many thanks,

  Johann