[protege-discussion] simple protege backup server

Henk-Jan Lebbink henkjan at cs.uu.nl
Tue Sep 4 07:50:23 PDT 2007

Dear List,

In Protege 3.3.1 under 'file', 'Export to Format' we can export a loaded
project to a clips-based file format, even when we are logged into a
server project. I would like to write a method that logs into a server
project (like any other user) and writes a copy of the entire project
locally in a pins and pont file on its hard drive every hour. Basically,
such a method is a simple backup server.

Logging into a server is not difficult.
> RemoteProjectManager rpm = RemoteProjectManager.getInstance();
> Project p = rpm.getProject(machine, user, password, projectName, true);

My question: How can I save this project p as a clips project. I've
searched the source code for the 'Export to Format' code, but I couldn't
find it.

Thanx in advance!
Henk-Jan.