[protege-discussion] simple protege backup server

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 6 12:50:25 PDT 2007

Yes, that code is well hidden :)

You'll find the code for the CLIPS export in

edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.ClipsImportExportPlugin

the method you're interested in is:

    private static void exportProject(Project project, String
clsesFileName, String instancesFileName) {
        Collection errors = new ArrayList();
        KnowledgeBase kb = project.getKnowledgeBase();
        ClipsKnowledgeBaseFactory factory = new ClipsKnowledgeBaseFactory();
        Writer clsesWriter = FileUtilities.getWriter(clsesFileName);
        Writer instancesWriter = FileUtilities.getWriter(instancesFileName);
        factory.saveKnowledgeBase(kb, clsesWriter, instancesWriter, errors);
        handleErrors(errors);
    }

where "project" is the remote Project object. If you don't have a
reference for the remote project, you can get one pretty easy. This is
described here:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MultiUserTutorial#nid9AV

(Use first method)

Cheers,