[protege-discussion] Problem in calling Algernon in Java code in addition Protege API.

Abolghasem Sadeghi a_sadeqi313 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 05:56:34 PDT 2007

Dear Sir and Madam,
  Hi,
  I am going to use Algernon in my java code with using protégé API. But Algernon just can read protégé file including (*.pprj-*.pins and *.pont files). I have just *.owl. I can not make from my owl file these format (*.pprj-*.pins and *.pont files).

  When I open new project of protégé I select "Protégé files (.pont and pins)" and tick the ""create from existing file". Then in next page I select "owl.file-warning....". after open by protégé, inside protégé I use the converting part in "File--Converting Project to format." for converting to (*.pprj-*.pins and *.pont files).
  After saving the file and error happen, when I see the inside the *.pins file, there is not ant instance data,

  Question1:
  Can I open my owl directly by Algernon?

  Question2:
  How I can make connection Protégé API and Algernon?

  I think protégé has two kind of format 1-two file *.owl and *. pprj  2-*.pprj-*.pins and *.pont files
  Question3:
  I think Algernon need the format 2.

  Thank you in advance.
  Sincerely,