[protege-discussion] [POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] Problem with protege, jesstab and distributed computing with JADE

Sébastien Fournier sebastien.fournier at lsis.org
Wed Sep 26 09:38:02 PDT 2007

Hello,

We are facing a strange problem with JessTab. We are using Jade, Jess and
Protege under eclipse to make a multi_agent system. When two agents run
the same jess rules using jesstab, the second halts without firing any rules.

We are suspecting of jesstab because we tried the following tests:

- when we are not using a jesstab condition, like in the rule

(defrule i_900_start
	(test (< 1 2))
	=>
	(make-instance PAGE of Web-Page (URL ?*Url*)
		(Protocol "fdsf")
		(Content-Type "erer")
		(Length 10) ))

both agents run ok,

- but then when we run with a jesstab condition, as in

(defrule i_900_start
	(test (not (instance-existp PAGE)))
	=>
	(make-instance PAGE of Web-Page (URL ?*Url*)
		(Protocol "fdsf")
		(Content-Type "erer")
		(Length 10) ))

the 2nd agent halts without firing any rule.

- When we run them separately, they fire this rule normally.

So we draw the conclusion that in some way, one is interfering in the
other by Jesstab.

We are using Jess version 7.0p1-1, Jesstab 1.6, Protege 3.2, Jade 3.4 and
Eclipse 3.1. The ontology is attached in zip file.

Have you any idea of what is going on, a solution or even ways to
circumvent the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or hint!

Best regards

Sébastien Fournier
Maître de Conférences
Laboratoire des sciences de l'information et des systèmes
tel : (+33) 491 056 042
sebastien.fournier at lsis.org