[protege-discussion] Attaching data to classes and querying it

Terence Fitzgerald terence.fitzgerald at relegence.com
Wed Apr 2 10:59:49 PDT 2008

Hello All,

I am a new user of Protégé-Frames 3.3.1.

My question has two related parts:

1.	Is there a way to attach specifically labeled data to a class term?  Using the wine ontology as an example, say I wanted to add a unique ID code field to each class term, such as Pauillac or Bordeaux, as well as URLs pointing to a Web pages my company built about each class of wine.  How would such data to my classes in dedicated fields other than "Documentation"?
2.	Imagine that my wine class hierarchy contains thousands of terms.  How do I run a query that produces a list of class terms that have common attached data, such as common URLs?  The existing query tab runs queries that produce lists of instances that fulfill the parameters of a query.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards,

Terence Fitzgerald

Relegence Corp.