[protege-discussion] Attaching data to classes and querying it

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 2 12:07:16 PDT 2008

Terence,

You need to create your own metaclasses so that you can attach
class-specific information and query for them. See [1] and subsequent
pages on creating metaclasses and instances of metaclasses. The basic
idea is that a class is an instance of some metaclass, just as normal
instances are instances of classes. So you can treat classes as
instances if they are instances of appropriate metaclasses.

[1]http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/classes/metaclasses/metaclass_intro.html

Samson Tu                                   email: swt at stanford.edu
Senior Research Scientist                   web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/
Center for Biomedical Informatics Research  phone: 1-650-725-3391
Stanford University                         fax: 1-650-725-7944